Take a swim in our Fish Bowl!

I am a stay at home mom to 4 beautiful children and I have an amazing husband and my family is the most important thing to me in this world. Hope you enjoy my blog! I'll try hard not to be too boring.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Parent's Nightmare




My poor Jordan. She had a slight fever on Sunday but was in a good mood, I thought, teething as she doesn't do the greatest with it...By Monday her fever had hit 104...so to the doctors we go and they can't find anything..They send us home and tell us to watch her fever and work at controlling that and if it was still high in 24 hours, come back...8:30 pm she wakes up.....Fever 104.7..I am convinced by this time we need to go to the hospital and I said to Jay that if her fever isn't okay in the next 1/2 hour or so I'm taking her. Give her tylenol, she drinks some water..I sit down to cuddle with her and she starts to seizure....The absolute scariest moment of my life. There is nothing worse then seeing your child go through anything, especially this...We called 911 and Jordan took her first ride in an ambulance, mine too for that matter. She was such a troper as they poked and poked and shoved things in places we don't like and restrained her as they took her X-ray....It took awhile to get her fever down, and thank god it wasn't anything serious. Still not sure what caused the high fever, they think maybe her tonsils...Poor kid....We all know where she got her tonsil problems from. Thanks Vick, for being here....you made it here in record time, I'm still amazed...Thanks Momma for coming and spending the night and taking care of us, again. And thank you Jay...without you I would have fallen absolutely apart....You amaze me... Everything is good now.....And Jordan is getting back to her old self....We love you baby!

3 Comments:

Blogger kelly said...

poor Jordan and poor you guys! What a scary experience that would be!! Thank God that everything is okay. There is nothing like a medical emergency with kids to get your heart pumping. So glad to hear everything turned out alright. We had to rush Aidan to the hospital when we lived in Blackfalds (we were actually moving to Drumheller the next day) and he was so dehydrated and feverish, he had to stay overnight (he was 2) and have an IV. it was awful. I feel for you guys.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Poetsch Family said...

Oh my goodness. That is so aweful. I am glad she is feeling better. They must be doing lots of follow up tests to find out why she had a seisure. Hope you figure it out. It is so hard seeing your little ones go through that. Isn't Vick awesome. I sure miss her. Lucky you that you get to have her. Take care.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Jeanine said...

I know how you feel, I was scared sh@*less when Hannah was having hers, and I never witnessed it. Glad to hear Jordan's feeling better. Does she have to go for a EEG and catscan? They suck!

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home